EDS&A Active Directory Systems Engineer - Senior
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is seeking a EDS&A Active Directory Systems Engineer - Senior to support our client in Fort Huachuca, AZ. As an Active Directory Systems Engineer Subject Matter Expert ( Advisory Staff Specialist III ), you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army's maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations. This effort provides direct support to the NETCOM CG Priorities. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting client's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments. (Up to 25% travel.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Providing security engineering and analysis supporting the implementation of Enterprise Directory Services & Authentication (EDS&A) across the Army Enterprise Infostructure (AEI).
Conducting and documenting security risk threat assessments, as well as preparing recommendations for countermeasures.
Providing security-related technical expertise for hardware and software components and in the development of Operational Configuration Management (CM) baselines for EDS&A tools and support of Identity and Access Management (IDAM) systems.
Providing input for the determination and analysis of security policies, risk analysis, accreditation package analysis, engineering change proposal analysis, and developing process and procedures such as implementation guides.
Implementing and standardizing Directory Service, Identity Management, and AD structures on the Non-secure (NIPRNet), Secured (SIPRNet), and Department of Defense Information Network (DoDIN) in the AEI in support of the Enterprise initiative.
Supporting the Enterprise Active Directory (AD) architecture design and migration fielding, performing AD migration support to an AD and Enterprise Directory Services (EDS) environment across the AEI.
Providing operational engineering and support for AD infrastructure design in the establishment of the Army Enterprise AD/EDS system.
Verifying and validating the Army Directory Services architecture in accordance with industry best business practices.
Modifying the network design infrastructure to identify any need post production support for global Enterprise constructs.
Reviewing and advising on the alignment of project requirements with related AD applications, and EDS enterprise designs and plans.
Providing engineering integration support to mitigate unforeseen technical issues during Configuration Change and Release Management (CCRM) and contributing input for Request for Change (RFC) submissions for Configuration Management Board (CMB) review.
Developing standardized Group Policy Object (GPO) and Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) model designs in support of the multiple AD/EDS environments across the Army.
Developing programmatic scripts as necessary to identify and confirm that derived enterprise solutions are without redundancy, consistent, and do not negatively impact operations.
Defining, documenting, and sustaining system internal (Army) and external (DISA) Common Interfaces (CIs) for consistent and persistent delivery of Exchange services.
Conducting AD and enterprise testing for related operational RFC submitted to NETCOM. Provide and document design integration of proposed technologies for the Army Enterprise.
Providing EDS/RDS system sustainment engineering and analysis support for the legacy EDS.
Defining, documenting, and sustaining internal (Army) and external (DISA) system Common Interfaces (CIs) for consistent and persistent delivery of Exchange services as delivered from DISA.
- Security engineering and analysis.
- Conducting and documenting security risk threat assessments.
- Security-related hardware and software technical expertise
- Accreditation package analysis.
- Engineering change proposal analysis.
- Implementing Directory Service, Identity Management, and AD structures.
- AD engineering support and migration.
- Network design.
- Integration engineering.
- Group Policy Object (GPO) and Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) design.
- Developing programmatic scripts.
- Defining, documenting, and sustaining system Common Interfaces (CIs).
- Defining, documenting, and sustaining internal (Army) and external (DISA) system Common Interfaces (CIs) for consistent and persistent delivery of Exchange services as delivered from DISA.
- Working knowledge and understanding of enterprise Directory Services concepts, AD, Messaging, and EDS procedures.
- Expertise in all aspects of Microsoft Windows operating systems to include implementing directory services, messaging, and application servers into the enterprise environment.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Current Information Assurance (IA) certification (required at performance start date): IAT III (CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH).
- Current Computing Environment (CE) certification (attainable within 6 months of performance start date): Microsoft Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field with 10 -15 years experience
- Seven years of hands-on experience with Directory Services products and services integration in relation to NetOps capabilities in support of the LandWarNet (LWN) mission.
- Clearance (required at performance start date): IT I Secret SSBI (in accordance with AR 25-2)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to keyboard and write. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time