Help Desk Agent
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company?
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is seeking a Help Desk Agent to support our client in Fort Lesley J Mcnair, Washington D.C.
As an Help Desk Agent, you will be performing the following responsibilities:
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
- Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled.
- Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Provides first-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
- Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Must have good communication skills and be a team player.
- Must have an IAT level II certification (A+ CE, CCNA Security, Network + CE, or SSCP)
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience/combined education); with 1 year of demonstrated experience in help desk support.
Clearance: Must successfully complete a background investigation such as NACI or Public Trust.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to keyboard and write. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 817