Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is seeking a Network Engineer with Security Assessment and Authorization (formerly called Certification and Accreditation) experience to our client at Fort Meade, MD. Primary work scope will involve managing hardware and software configurations such as routers, servers & switches; applying system configurations and updates; providing hands on experience configuring, deploying, and managing mission critical network appliances such as routers, firewalls, IDS/IPS, DPI, etc. Additionally, this position will assess, analyze, and document vulnerabilities to information systems, and will act as primary liaison between assessment team and senior customer officials.
As a Network Engineer, you will be performing the following responsibilities:
- Maintain the systems patched and compliment with scans.
- Provide qualified IA support to assess the security posture of IT assets, provide ongoing monitoring and analysis, and document vulnerabilities and changes to the system or environment of operation.
- Prepare deliverables for submission for the security accreditation process of JSEIO IT assets and ensure all security requirements are identified, tracked, and satisfied to maintain full ATO.
- Conduct security tests and evaluations under the current DoD and DISA accepted IA certification and accreditation process (i.e., Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Perform security scans and apply system configuration modification(s) when necessary to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Develop, maintain, and update security documentation for JSEIO IT assets. The security documentation shall be consistent with DoD policy and tailored for JSEIO operations. This includes the development of all the required certification and accreditation documentation for Government review and submission.
- Develop a status report for IA support tasks to include results of security scans, patches and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) applied, and progress in reaching IA certification and accreditation compliance.
- Provide weekly metrics and reports on the status of all ongoing assessments.
- Experience with administering Windows and Linux (RHEL) operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory (AD) configuration, and setting AD servers and their domain controllers.
- Network Certification (CompTIA Network+, CCNA, CCNP, or similar IT certification)
- Must have experience with conducting Security Test and Evaluations under the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF), understanding of risk management practices and security program development including change management, access control, and physical security.
- Must be knowledgeable with the Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), and have IP network and security engineering experience including a basic understanding of IP routing, quality of service mechanisms, MPLS, and IPsec architectures.
- Hands on experience installing, configuring, administering and operating Tenable Security Center and Nessus Scanner, known as Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) in the DoD environment.
- Hands on experience with Vulnerability Management System (VMS), Host Based Security System (HBSS) and eMASS.
- Hands on experience with IT architecture and design (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual private networking, virus protection technologies, LAN/WAN design, and/or general internetworking technologies).
- Expert with routers, switches, VPN, VOIP, and Cisco.
- DOD 8570 IAT III (CISSP, CASP, CISA, GCIH or similar)
Education and Years of Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of specialized Information Assurance/INFOSEC, Operations, Computer Security experience
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to keyboard and write. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time