Network Systems Engineer Lead (Penetration Tester)
Network Systems Engineer Lead (Penetration Tester)?
Technology and Computer-related
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is seeking a Network Systems Engineer Lead (Penetration Tester) to support the Global Solutions Management – Operations (GSM-O) I/II contract, which provides support services for the operation, defense, and sustainment of the Department of Defense Information Network/Defense Information System Network.
As a Network Systems Engineer Lead (Penetration Tester)/Ethical Hacker, you will be performing the following responsibilities:
Duties: Improve DoD systems and network information security by detecting and correcting system weaknesses before criminal hackers can exploit these weaknesses. Identify required preventatives measures to lower DoD’s risk of from cyber-attacks.
- Implement and document results of existing network and systems penetration testing processes and procedures.
- Create new tests simulating cyber-crimes.
- Identify application and network vulnerabilities.
- Assess physical security of systems, servers, and network devices.
- Suggest specific security strategies and solutions aligned with available budgets.
- Provide ongoing organization support to implement security measures.
- Supports other DISA GSM-O priorities and tasks as directed.
- Provide technical leadership in the planning, investigation, design, and implementation of physical and logical communications solutions in the lab environment, which emulates the operational network.
- Responsibilities include working with managers to document threats and designing security protocols and policies.
- Assume the lead role in conducting lab based functional testing and evaluation of Data Communications Network (DCN) topology, physical connectivity, component, and device vulnerability
- Assess the vulnerabilities between data, control, and management planes, layer-0/1/2/3design schema and its effectiveness in facilitating connectivity.
- Perform formal penetration tests on web-based applications, networks and computer systems
- Conduct physical security assessments of servers, systems and network devices.
- Design and create new penetration tools and tests.
- Probe for vulnerabilities in web applications, fat/thin client applications and standard applications.
- Pinpoint methods that attackers could use to exploit weaknesses and logic flaws.
- Employ social engineering to uncover security holes (e.g. poor user security practices or password policies)
- Research, document and discuss security findings with the Technical Director, Engineering, and Cyber leads.
- Work on improvements for security services, including the continuous enhancement of existing methodology material and supporting assets.
- Create new tests to identify vulnerabilities across several systems.
- Use physical security tests and identify areas that need physical protection.
- Find vulnerabilities in popular, common software as well as proprietary applications.
- Pinpoint entry points for sophisticated adversaries.
- Stay abreast of the latest security threats and malware.
- Enhance current hardware and software with implementations of better security standards.
- Possess excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
Desired Skills: Broad knowledge and expertise with securing IT Systems and implementing RMF requirements.
Education: Bachelor’s degree desired. A DoD 8570 CISSP certification or equivalent is mandatory. Other relevant certifications to include Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) are desired.
Years of Experience: 5 years of information security experience related to vulnerability assessment or penetration testing.
Clearance: Top Secret clearance
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting, LLC (ExecuTech), headquartered in Woodbridge, VA is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, dedicated to delivering innovative and visionary information technology products and services throughout the United States. Our executive team each has an average of over 25 years of superior information technology and Cybersecurity leadership and experience at the National Intelligence Agencies, DoD and other Federal government departments. ExecuTech is expertly staffed with fully cleared, certified and devoted professionals who are fulfilled by their work and recognized by our customers and partners as adding extreme value in the design, deployment and support of innovative and cost-effective technology solutions.
ExecuTech combines its wealth of information technology leadership and experience together with world-class and emerging technology to operate, manage, and engineer existing and future IT infrastructures. Our main areas of expertise include information assurance and cyber security, enterprise systems and network management, architectures and engineering, systems development and integration, CIO and program/ project management, technology distribution, and cross domain solutions. ExecuTech has established tools, technologies, and techniques that support operational requirements for achieving collaboration while maintaining high assurance in the evaluation, deployment, certification and accreditation, and management of enterprise enabled cross domain solutions. Additionally, ExecuTech is nationally recognized in the areas of cyber security, cryptographic modernization, and engineering.
ExecuTech strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, as well as rewarding careers for our employees, who are hardworking, enthusiastic, and dedicated to superior performance. We encourage you to find out more about the company at www.esc-techsolutions.com.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to keyboard and write. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.