Senior NLCC Systems & Communications Engineer
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is seeking an Senior Communications Engineer to support our client in FT. Meade, MD.
As an Senior Communications Engineer, you will be performing the following responsibilities:
- Assess secure and survivable communications, networking, and information technology systems that use terrestrial (i.e., IP and circuit-based), RF, and satellite communications technologies.
- Support technical, communications-based requirements focused on the current and future objective enterprise architectures needed to support decisions for evolving the Nuclear C3 System.
- Perform gap analysis, identify promising technologies related to nuclear C3, conduct RF band vulnerability assessments, and assess the ability of the current and planned capabilities to achieve the nuclear C3 mission outcomes required to meet Nuclear Technical Performance Criteria (NTPC) standards.
- Recommend new initiatives; coordinate with other technical specialists in government, academia, and industry to keep abreast of emerging technologies, which relate to developing the Objective Future Nuclear C3 Architecture.
- Possess a solid background in analog and digital RF communication system architectures including signal processing and modulation techniques.
- Knowledge on how to assess performance parameters of common user communication systems such as RF signal and channel characteristics from extremely-low frequency (ELF) through extremely-high frequency (EHF), data link protocols, and long haul networking protocols and architectures used within DoD communications systems.
- Have a deep understanding of the nuclear C3 systems and applications that operate in specific RF bands to include VLF, LF, HF, VHF, UHF, SHF, and EHF.
- Possess a working knowledge of the technical and susceptibility details of RF signals propagation to nuclear weapons effects and electronic jamming.
- Understand corresponding operations of nuclear capable platforms, nodes/command centers, and related nuclear message release procedures.
- Understand emergency action message (EAM) transmission modes and the corresponding Nuclear Technical Performance Criteria (NTPC) metrics used in nuclear strategic communications.
- Experience with terrestrial, wireless, tactical, mobile, and satellite communications systems to include advanced protocol concepts such as mobile ad hoc network (MANET) and disruptive tolerant networking (DTN) technology.
- Expertise in the areas of systems analysis, engineering and nuclear weapons effects regarding communications within the Nuclear C3 System.
- Ability to apply enterprise architecture concepts to specific survivable and secure communications development tasks in a structured approach, including analysis of DoD wide activities, information requirements, and processes.
Education and Years of Experience: BS or MS in Electrical / Communications Engineering, or Computer Science from an accredited full time 4-year college or university plus 10+ years of related experience.
Clearance: Active DoD Top Secret/SCI is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to keyboard and write. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time