Senior Systems Administrator
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to support the Global Solutions Management – Operations (GSM-O) I/II contract, which provides support services for the operation, defense, and sustainment of the Department of Defense Information Network/Defense Information System Network.
As a Senior Systems Administrator, you will be performing the following responsibilities:
List Duties: Supervises and manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of business systems which may be mainframe, mini, or client/server based.
- Optimizes system operation and resource utilization and performs system capacity analysis and planning.
- Provides assistance to users in accessing and using business systems.
- Supports other GSM-O priorities and tasks as directed.
- Security Administration experience to include maintaining, monitoring, and controlling all security functions for the entire suite of products composing the VPN solution. Security Administration activities include but are not limited to: Ensuring that the latest security-critical software patches and updates (such as IAVAs) are applied to each product.
- Documenting and reporting security-related incidents to the appropriate authorities.
- Coordinating and supporting product logistic support activities including integration and maintenance.
- Employing adequate defenses of auxiliary network devices to enable proper and secure functionality of the VPN solution.
- Ensuring that the implemented VPN solution remains compliant with the latest version of the systems.
- Reviewing the actions performed by the System Administration and Certificate Authority Administration (RA) functions and events recorded in the audit logs to ensure that no action or event represents a compromise to the security of the VPN solution.
- Completes technical analysis reports.
- Writes test plans and reports for the systems.
- Write technical analyses, engineering reports and technical briefs.
Desired Skills: Broad knowledge and expertise with DoD network and enclave topologies, hardware configurations, trend analysis, software components, performance factors, testing processes, and quality control.
Education: Bachelor’s degree desired. DoD 8570 Security+ certification required. Other relevant certifications include: CCNA, JNCIA, CCNP and others.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience with DoD internet/intranet/enclave administration in support of DoD/OSD.
Clearance: Top Secret clearance
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting, LLC (ExecuTech), headquartered in Woodbridge, VA is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, dedicated to delivering innovative and visionary information technology products and services throughout the United States. Our executive team each has an average of over 25 years of superior information technology and cybersecurity leadership and experience at the National Intelligence Agencies, DoD and other Federal government departments. ExecuTech is expertly staffed with fully cleared, certified and devoted professionals who are fulfilled by their work and recognized by our customers and partners as adding extreme value in the design, deployment and support of innovative and cost-effective technology solutions.
ExecuTech combines its wealth of information technology leadership and experience together with world-class and emerging technology to operate, manage, and engineer existing and future IT infrastructures. Our main areas of expertise include information assurance and cyber security, enterprise systems and network management, architectures and engineering, systems development and integration, CIO and program/ project management, technology distribution, and cross domain solutions. ExecuTech has established tools, technologies, and techniques that support operational requirements for achieving collaboration while maintaining high assurance in the evaluation, deployment, certification and accreditation, and management of enterprise enabled cross domain solutions. Additionally, ExecuTech is nationally recognized in the areas of cyber security, cryptographic modernization, and engineering.
ExecuTech strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, as well as rewarding careers for our employees, who are hardworking, enthusiastic, and dedicated to superior performance. We encourage you to find out more about the company at www.esc-techsolutions.com.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to keyboard and write. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.