SysMan SCCM Engineering - Subject Matter Expert
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is seeking a Enterprise Systems Management (SysMan) Engineer to support our client in Fort Huachuca, AZ. As a SysMan Engineer Subject Matter Expert, you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army’s maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations. (Up to 25% travel.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to operational organizations supporting RFCs and IAVA compliance.
- Support re-engineering efforts required by integration to GNE AD, and other systems external to SysMan via approved data standards. These systems include but are not limited to Remedy/ITSM, NetMan, HBSS, ACAS/REM/Retina, and DoD VMS.
- Submit recommendations for use of SysMan Management tools for non-Windows environments and implement the Government’s chosen solution.
- Develop and update guidance on use of SysMan capabilities to all levels of administrators.
- Develop and update system baseline documentation and system changes and input into the project configuration management database.
- Participate in strategy sessions, strategic assessments, and design reviews of NetOps capabilities to validate enterprise approach and associated work products.
- Maintain SysMan capability security posture and system baseline. This includes conducting routine security scans, testing and applying mitigation actions, and coordinating any scheduled service interruptions in accordance with operational engineering system standard operating procedures.
- Provide technical integration, engineering, test and analysis and operational support to continue development, implementation, and sustainment of the SysMan capability on NIPRNET and SIPRNET.
- Deploy and maintain SysMan systems in support of EOF/Lab/Fabric testing environments.
- Provide Tier III support for engineering and program-level issues submitted to the SysMan Program and issues elevated by system administrators. Manage incidents and problems; confirm validity of issues and problems; seek known solutions related to more complex issues.
- Operational skills and expertise in the following technologies: Windows Server 2003/2008 System Administrator experience, Backup/Disaster Recovery, SQL 2005/8 Database and SQL Reporting, SCCM 2007, SCOM 2007, Active Directory, Intermediate Network Management, UNIX, LINUX, MAC, Microsoft Virtualization, VMware Virtualization, Network Infrastructure Components, HP hardware and Dell hardware.
- Implementation/review of RFCs and IAVA compliance.
- Integration of Remedy/ITSM, NetMan, HBSS, ACAS/REM/Retina, and DoD VMS.
- Use of SysMan Management tools for non-Windows environments.
- Development and update of guidance and baseline documents.
- Maintenance of security postures and system baselines. Routine security scans, testing and applying mitigation actions, and coordinating scheduled service interruptions.
- Providing technical integration, engineering, test and analysis and operational support to continue development, implementation, and sustainment.
- Tier III support for engineering and program-level issues.
- Incident and problem management; including confirming validity of issues and problems and seeking known solutions related to more complex issues.
- Have expertise and skills in SYSMAN technologies that cross all tiers, hardware and storage configuration, Army Information Assurance environment, and configuration management.
- Have working knowledge and understanding of NetOps tools, procedures, and operational constructs.
- Possess skills and experience in SYSMAN- related IT, supporting Theater and NEC tiers, as well as configuration management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft-based security engineering; working knowledge of Unix, Red Hat Linux, and MAC operating systems and security; working knowledge and understanding of DIACAP, network security technologies, procedures, and operational constructs.
- Microsoft certification in SQL SharePoint, or other related technologies is a plus.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree 10 -15 years practical experience.
- Current Information Assurance (IA) certification (required at performance start date): IAT III (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, CISCO CCNP Security). IA Certification Category and Level (IAW DoD 8570.10-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002)
- Current Computing Environment (CE) certification (attainable within 6 months of performance start date): Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or equivalent
- Clearance (required at performance start date): IT Level I (in accordance with AR 25-2) SECRET SSBI
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to keyboard and write. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time