Technical Writer/Editor Intermediate
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is seeking a Technical Writer/Editor Intermediate to support the Global Solutions Management – Operations (GSM-O) I/II contract, which provides support services for the operation, defense, and sustainment of the Department of Defense Information Network/Defense Information System Network.
As a Technical Writer/Editor Intermediate, you will be performing the following responsibilities:
Duties: Assist in collecting and organizing information required for preparation of user manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
- Edit functional descriptions, system specifications, user manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents.
- Assists in performing financial and administrative functions.
- Provides functional guidance, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control.
- Supports other GMS-O priorities and tasks as directed.
- Requires the ability to interface with both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Requires understanding of the general principals involved in computers and communications systems. Also requires knowledge and understanding of technical terminology.
- Experience creating technical documentation such as user guides, technical guides, templates, training materials, etc.
- Experience developing and managing technical documentation review process steps
- Experience researching tools, procedures, and technical configurations
- Strong planning, organizing, coordinating, problem solving skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft tools – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint and Wiki. Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
Desired Skills: Broad knowledge and expertise with DoD IT hardware, software, processes, procedures, and quality control.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 Years practical experience with IT technical writing in support of DoD/OSD.
Clearance: Top Secret clearance
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting, LLC (ExecuTech), headquartered in Woodbridge, VA is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, dedicated to delivering innovative and visionary information technology products and services throughout the United States. Our executive team each has an average of over 25 years of superior information technology and cybersecurity leadership and experience at the National Intelligence Agencies, DoD and other Federal government departments. ExecuTech is expertly staffed with fully cleared, certified and devoted professionals who are fulfilled by their work and recognized by our customers and partners as adding extreme value in the design, deployment and support of innovative and cost-effective technology solutions.
ExecuTech combines its wealth of information technology leadership and experience together with world-class and emerging technology to operate, manage, and engineer existing and future IT infrastructures. Our main areas of expertise include information assurance and cyber security, enterprise systems and network management, architectures and engineering, systems development and integration, CIO and program/ project management, technology distribution, and cross domain solutions. ExecuTech has established tools, technologies, and techniques that support operational requirements for achieving collaboration while maintaining high assurance in the evaluation, deployment, certification and accreditation, and management of enterprise enabled cross domain solutions. Additionally, ExecuTech is nationally recognized in the areas of cyber security, cryptographic modernization, and engineering.
ExecuTech strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, as well as rewarding careers for our employees, who are hardworking, enthusiastic, and dedicated to superior performance. We encourage you to find out more about the company at www.esc-techsolutions.com.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to keyboard and write. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.