TLA Network Engineer, NIDPS - Systems Engineer - Senior
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is seeking a an Enterprise Top Level Architecture (TLA) Network / NIDPS Engineer Systems Engineer – Senior to support our client in Fort Huachuca, AZ. As an Enterprise TLA Network / NIDPS Engineer Systems Engineer – Senior, you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army’s maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations. (Up to 25% travel.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering solutions and support to the LWN/Army DoDIN and Joint Information Environment (JIE) architecture and UC efforts with the goal of improving computer network performance, defense, and security.
- Provide engineering support during system configuration, integrations, and stabilization of security mitigations and intrusion control mechanisms at Army Post/Camp/Station.
- Perform engineering trend and traffic analysis; document and report potential flaws within the network.
- Provide engineering support to Capability Managers for current and planned implementations.
- Analyze engineering data to support network performance, security, and capacity planning in accordance with Army regulations, directives, and policies.
- Provide engineering support to equipment in the LWN/Army DoDIN such as encryption, Remote client access, NAC, VPNs, Dynamic Host Configurations Protocol (DHCP) controllers, performance analyzers, EoIP, VoIP, and VTC.
- Provide engineering solutions to complex IT problems with regards to UC and IPv6.
- Provide engineering trend analysis; document and report potential flaws with UC and/or IPv6 technologies running on or intended for Army information systems and networks.
- Provide configuration management support for UC and IPv6.
- Operating systems (Windows, Linux, Microsoft, Cisco Internet Operating system (IOS), Juniper Operating System (JUNOS)), Netscreen OS, data packet routing, switching, proxy services, and engineering for IP data networks
- Operational and implementation expertise in the following tools and technologies below is required: Unified Capabilities, Everything Over IP (EOIP), VoIP, IPv4/IPv6, Routing Protocols (such as BGP, OSPF), QoS, and VTC.
- Experience in all aspects of the Information Technology (IT) DMZ security, perimeter network security and security-in-depth applications for firewalls (Juniper, Cisco and NGF), MPLS, intrusion detection/prevention (IPS), Internet Security Systems (ISS) and/or McAfee and/or NGF detection/prevention systems, voice and video from a circuit switched Time Division Multiplex (TDM) infrastructure to an EoIP infrastructure, and network segmentation and containment applications using routing, Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), and other related methods. VLAN, VRF/VPN, NAC/NAP 802.1x, WAN optimizers, SSL accelerators, DHCP controllers, wireless, remote access, performance and protocol analyzer, Load balancer and Active Directory, and PKI.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT with 10 - 15 years’ experience
- (Preferred: Master’s degree plus 5 years’ experience or bachelor’s degree with 10 years’ experience. In Engineering or computer science degree in one of the following disciplines: Electrical, Computer, or Computer Science)
- Current Information Assurance (IA) certification (required at performance start date): IAT III (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, CCNP Security). IA Certification Category and Level (IAW DoD 8570.10-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002)
- Current Computing Environment (CE) certification (attainable within 6 months of performance start date): Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA)
- Clearance (required at performance start date): IT Level I (in accordance with AR 25-2) Secret SSBI
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to keyboard and write. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time